For a baby shower gift, I like to get something off the baby registry. But once the baby arrives, I like to bring food and a more unique or personalized gift for the baby.
- Personalized Wooden State Rattle
- Jellycat Bunny with Name Embroidered
- Puzzle Name Stool
- Embroidered Stroller Blanket
- I SEE ME Book
- Personalized Lovie
Additional unique gifts:
- Personalized Notecards (Etsy, Minted or Tiny Prints)
- Monogrammed Bloomers
A few thoughts about new baby gifts…
- In addition to a gift, it is always a wonderful idea to bring food! Bonus points if it can be frozen and the family can eat on a night they choose. Even more bonus points if you include snacks as well… especially if the mom is breastfeeding because she will be hungry all the time.
- When our son was born, our daughter was too young to really understand what was going on. She just knew this baby was getting lots of attention and she was getting less. It was very thoughtful when people came over and made her feel special with a little gift as well.
- We didn’t know the sex of either baby before they were born, so gifts that were more gender specific and had the name embroidered or engraved were great to get.